So it´s Sunday… Tomorrows Monday and the beautiful weekend will be over and for some of us school will begin again, for others it´s time to go to work.
Everyone is busy during the week, working. But also trying to combine friends, doctors appointments, any other dates, family, hobbies, kids (if you have any), blogging, some time for the significant other…. into our schedules and we end up at the end of the day, tired and done. Not ready for everything to begin again in the morning.
While we try to fit so much in our schedules, we almost always forget ourselves. Time alone to think and reflect on everything. That time is so very important, since we work without breaks, trying to get everything done. That can be really stressful. Actually, that is stressful and unhealthy in the long run. Just think about it, after a workout your body needs time to regenerate, so does your mind after a hard day of work and dates!
Therefore I have some tips to distress, to take time for yourself this week and whenever you need sometime to just get away from everything!
- Turn off any mobile devices. You read that right. Anything that beeps and tells you that you have a new email, Whatsapp or whatever is a distraction which you don’t need at the moment.
- Breathe Sounds stupid. Try it! Just take five deep breaths, in and out and you´ll feel your body getting more relaxed
- Clean up your room = cleans up your thoughts
- Look at beautiful pictures On the internet or of places you´ve been, selfies with friends..
- Do something you love to do, but are to busy to actually get to doing it. Like a long forgotten hobby a passion that went to sleep many years ago.
You can also choose something from my list below or just take that as an inspiration:
- Take a walk outside. This is one of my favorites. I really start to notice everything around me, I connect with nature and my head starts to clear. I get some distance from all my problems. I can actually think, or not think at all, however I choose. Also you get a dose of bonus Vitamin D, which is a mood-booster!
- Listen to music. Just sit down and listen.
- Or if you want dance along. Choose somewhere where no one can see you or even if they can, you don´t care! Just let go!
- Draw, paint or sketch something. I know it get´s me so calm. If you´re not the painter, you don´t need to do this – everybody´s different and that´s fine!
- Sit in a Café and drink a cup of coffee. It doesn´t need to be as loud as Starbucks, choose somewhere you´ve never been before and just enjoy that cup of coffee… Are there any coffee-lovers out there? This one´s for you! You can also just…
- …sit outside And enjoy your coffee there – for me a cup of tea is just as yummy and it is better for you…
- Read a good book
- Write something you enjoy. You can write a post or just how you´re feeling in a journal. Write a song, a poem… whatever you like!
- Workout This is my go-to “distresser”. If I´m stressed, I workout and afterwards the world looks so much better! You can just go for a run, go jogging, do Pilates, go to the gym.. whatever works for you!
- Do Yoga This is not for everybody, but for instance I really like it. It´s relaxing, it get´s your mind off things, stretches your muscles (which they really need after a day at the desk) and sometimes it really is challenging.
- If you´re not into Yoga, just do regular stretches, they really work wonders, if you take some time and listen to your body. Move how your body tells you to move. Yes, your body is actually talking to you. It might sound strange or weird, but if you lie on the ground and just relax and let your body move on it´s own, move how it feels comfortable, then you´ll find that your body is speaking it´s own language to you. I mean, if it wouldn’t, you´d never know when to eat and when to stop, because you would´t have the feeling of hunger and satisfaction. That too is something your body is telling you every day.
- Take a bath No explanation needed here, everyone knows how relaxing a bath can be!
If you have more time, you can pamper yourself with scrubs, masks, whatever… I have a post on my Spa-Day routine, with DIYs!
- Play an instrument If you play one, just practice. It´s very relaxing and you have the feeling that you got something done today!
- If you have an afternoon of time and just want to get away, I´m sure there is someplace near you can go: a lake, a hill to climb, or even a mountain, a field of flowers… You know best what you like and what is available to you.
- Meditate If you´re into that!
- If you have a pet, play with it or just cuddle! It´s so relaxing!
- If you have somebody willing to do it ask for a massage and offer one in return!
I hope that helped! Let me know in the comments if it did and what you do to distress!
Have a good start in the new week! You´ll survive;-)