I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Rinconez. I want to thank her very, very much! I feel so flattered to be chosen for this award. Thank you so much again!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award,
by asking them 11 new questions or the same questions you were asked.
- Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
Here are the 11 facts:
- When I go dancing, I´m the crazy one, who dances wildly, sings to EVERY song that´s played and laughs really loud.
- I hardly take any time to groom my balcony which is sad because I love plants.
- When I sketch out a post it can become a little messy on my little piece of paper. Any other person who looks at it has no idea how I can even work with what I wrote, but I can and that´s all that counts.
- I´m a planning person. Without my daily to-do lists I wouldn´t get anything done.
- I LOVE quotes. I have so many hanging around my house, but most of them are always present in my head.
- I am usually so busy, my friends literally have to drag me out of the house in order to so something with me.
- Going out for dinner? I´m always there! Wait…on weekends…I´m busy during the week… (if you insist, I will go out for dinner with you during the week;-)You only live once…)
- Speaking of food and going out: I love Chinese Food.
- Painting is a huge passion for me. Sadly I don´t paint that much anymore. That´s why painting more is one of my New Years Resolutions for 2016.
- I still believe in my dreams, even though a lot people laugh at me for it.
- Going to the theater with friends once a month is a must for me.
Now to the NEW winners of the Liebster Award:
- Marisa @thesavvyCitiZen
- Andrea @AdviceIgivemyself
- Gigglingfattie @Noloveforfatties
- Osbie @Osbiebeauty
- Mary @Marywriteslife
- Thehappyhungryyogi @thehappyhungryyogi
- Anahid @highheelrunner
- Kim @wanderwithkim
- Vesela @Cherry Blueberry
- a young finish woman @Sitbackwithme
- Lady Katherine Verburg @LadyKatherineVerburg
The 11 questions from Elisabeth are:
- Who is your favorite author?
That´s hard to say. I have three favorites: Lori Nelson Spielman,Jojo Moyes and Kerstin Gier. If I´d have to pick one, I´d say Lori Nelson Spielman.
- What do you want readers to takeaway from your website or blog?
I want readers to take away a positive feeling, I want people to feel comfortable and happy on my little part of the internet. I want to inspire people. Motivate them to live the life they want. This blog is me expressing myself and trying to do my part in making the world a better place, by using the only tool I have: words.
- When you think of your childhood, what is your most vivid, happy memory?
Hmmm…I have a lot of happy, vivid memories from my childhood. If I had to pick one spontaneously, then I´d say arriving in the US at the age of 9. That memory is still so vivid and I don´t know if I was happy or not, probably I was, most of all tired though and excited.
- Where do you go when you seek peace of mind and/or serenity?
I´d love to say “to the lake”, but since I don´t live there anymore, I had to search for another place. Right now I´d say the library and/or a bookshop. Just running outside or doing Yoga gives me peace and time to clear my head as well.
- Why do you like to write?
There are many, many reasons. I posted a whole post on that.
- Which do you prefer, books, movies, serial TV/streaming shows or audiobooks/podcasts?
Since I don´t watch TV series, nor do I listen to audiobooks, I´ll have to go with books and movies. Both have their time in my life. Books for relaxing in the evening on weekdays and movies for weekend evenings.
- How do you make the time to write with all of life’s interruptions?
I have no idea. I guess my to-do lists help a lot. And the power that comes from the computer that draws me in magically and makes me want to write, write, write. I can almost never resist that power.;-)
- Have you ever written a post, but decided to delete it or not post it?
Yes, I have. When I feel that the post draft is not accurate anymore or is just not good enough for me to post it.
- Can you share one of your favorite quotes?
Oh I have so many! Hmmm… I´d have to go with:
Everything will be okay in the end, if it´s not okay, it´s not the end.
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering to start a website or blog?
Yes, I do.
Dear person who is thinking to start her own weksite/bog, Just do it. There is no right or wrong with writing. As long as you write about what you love, your readers will love what you write. Write about what inspires you, what makes you happy or sad. Be you. Be honest and kind. There is (almost) nothing else to writing and having a great blog.
The “almost” comes from the design of your blog. But it´s not hard to achieve a little space on the web where your readers feel well, there are plenty of platforms and people to help you. Just try around and be openminded.
Finally, always stay true to you and don´t let rude comments be the reason you stop to write.
XO Little Sunshine
- Is writing something you have done most of your life in one way or another or something new?
I´ve written most of my life. Although really committing to writing is something that has only been part of my life for about three years, when someone told me I should start a blog. I didn´t start one, but I did start to write a lot in journals and my diarys were and are a big part of my life.
About a little more than half a year ago I finally fully started this blog. That was when I couldn´t stop writing and when my writing skills really went to the next level.
Now to my 11 questions:
- Spontaneously, what´s the first movie that comes to your mind?
- Summer or Winter? Which one do you prefer?
- What is a passion of yours that no one knows about?
- Are you more of a social person or one that likes to keep to themselves?
- What is your favorite free-time activity?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- When did you start committing to writing? Or is it just something you do for fun?
- If you had endless money, what would you do?
- What do you do to stay fit?
- When you think of all the places you´ve been to, what was the most impressive and beautiful one? What did it make it so impressive?
- Tell us about an event that made you really proud.
Thanks so much again, Elizabeth, for nominating me! It was really fun to do this post! Hope you liked reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! I´ll stop writing now, this is a really long post already (1284 words?!)